Saturday, September 5, 2009

TO MY SON

This very moment my son, I want to drop something hot on your palm
Cos I’ve come too far to understand how much of a great man you can be
It’s a secret deep buried in life, a secret that works more than a charm
The kind that would make you wanna cry, when me you’d no more see
I grew up almost with no direction, though my mother and father tried
They showed me all the many things, that I could never be thought in schools
Life holds the history of mysteries, and comes with a crashing tide
It comes at you with force, slams in your face without no rules
Life, many a time, is purely expressed in joys that fill your head
It coils you up slowly in happiness, gently leaving you feeling free
Be fast to forgive and apologize, yea it takes the heart to forget
Enjoy life to the full, get crazy, your life aint mine but thee
Before the Father takes me home, I will surely be there to support
I will leave you a steaming legacy, well cooked in a living pot

And if at a point in your life you decide to take a different path
I will understand my son, perfectly, and time will slowly pass
Know that even I your father, didn’t get to solve all the math
Cos life could be crazy, weary and lazy, life could be a boring ass
You could try a different method, if the one you know didn’t get to work
Feel free to experiment, exercise your muscles, take your time
In time you’d find that all the answers inside you know how to talk
They best express themselves in beauties of a whole new kind
I’m your father, I hold some truth, and I must make sure that you have them
I can’t imagine allowing you swimming through this ocean unguided
Declare your feelings anytime, just say it loud if there’s a problem
Having you was more than a choice, am so very proud that I fathered
Before the Father takes me home, I will surely be there to support
I will leave you a steaming legacy, well cooked in a living pot

No comments:

Post a Comment